Cosmetology Advanced 300 hour program
We offer Full time day (32.5 hour per week) and a Part time (3 hours per day/15 hours per week). This program is offered in addition to the Cosmetology program. Our objective is to prepare students to pass the Ohio State board licensing exams, as well as give students the tools they need to enter into an occupation. The main textbook used in our program is the Milady Standard Cosmetology Textbook, Study Guide and Exam Review. You will also be given a current copy of the statutes and regulations for Ohio. Additional reference materials are available.
Full time: 32.5 hours per week; Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.
Part time: 3 hours per day/15 hours per week; Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:00pm.
Instructional Methods & Curriculum
Our programs are taught using the Milady books, work books, and study guides, and Milady reviews. Instructors will use methods of lecture, visual aids, practical demonstration and interactive activities. Students will demonstrate their knowledge through practical, clinical and theory exams.
Tests are graded based on a percentage score (0%-100%). 75% is the minimum score to pass. 0%-74% receives a failing grade. 75%-100% receives a passing grade. Incomplete or 0 grades will not be issued for any unit of study. Students must pass each unit of study with a minimum of 75%. In the event that you do not pass a quiz, exam or practical, you will be required to retake it until you achieve a passing score.
Numerical grades are considered according to the following scale:
85-92 Very Good
74 and below Unsatisfactory – Failing
Occupations Available – Cosmetologist, Platform Artist, Cosmetologist Advanced.
Cosmetology Laws and Rules
- Ohio Revised Code Statutes
- Ohio Administrative Rules
- License and Permit Policy and Procedures Continuing
- Education Policies & Procedures Inspection and Enforcement Policy & Procedures
Public Health and Safety
- Sanitation Practices & Procedures
- Sterilization Practices & Procedures
- Dispensary Operations & Procedures
- Bacteriology, Contagious & Communicable Disease Control
- Salon Operations & Procedures
- Consumer & Product Safety
- Advanced Techniques/Services
- Salon Supervision and Management
- Specialized Equipment Use and Control
- Product and Service Sales Training
- Communication Skills